Sustainable Consulting was established as a niche management consultancy in 2001 to help progress the sustainability agenda in Western Australia and beyond.
In our early years, we helped to activate the local sustainability agenda in a range of ways:
- By working closely with Professor Peter Newman to develop and roll-out the State Sustainability Strategy
- By working with Argyle Diamonds to prepare one of WA’s first public Sustainability Reports
- By catalysing and then leading Australia’s first sustainability association – the Sustainability Practitioners Association
- By working with Mirvac and City of Mandurah to conceive, build and open the award-winning Sustainable Mandurah Home.
More than a decade on, Sustainable Consulting is WA’s longest-operating sustainability consultancy.
As we have gained experience working with an ever-expanding list of clients from the business, government, education, not-for-profit and NGO sectors, it has become clear that many of our services and products can create value beyond what we originally envisaged. As a consequence, our consultancy has broadened to have two distinct but related target markets:
- Helping strong sustainability-orientated leaders to maximise their impact
- Helping progressive organisations to unlock the human potential of their team members and other stakeholders.
Although WA is our home, we have undertaken work in other parts of Australia and are currently exploring opportunities to expand our impact into Africa and China.